A Confident Mindset will give you a huge advantage in life. If your mindset is confident, your actions, beliefs and expectation will follow. Feeling confident on the Inside sends a message to the world that you are important, you care how you feel and you believe in yourself.
In this weeks Amazing Coaching blog, I will share with you my 10 Top tips on How to have a Confident Mindset:
- Don’t attach to your negative beliefs. Remember, they are just SPAM. Beliefs such as ‘ I am not good enough’ or ‘ I am not worthy’ are lies we choose to believe about ourselves. They are just old programming.
- Negative self-talk may never disappear, but you can soothe yourself into a better-feeling place. Check out my past blog on how to soothe yourself into Confidence.
- Decide today not to let old negative thought patterns hold you back any longer. Remember, every day is a brand new day. Don’t regurgitate your negative thoughts every day! We often repeat 90% of our thoughts every day so it is no surprise we just keep experiencing the same old situations and people in our life.
- Acknowledge that it is normal to feel anxious or nervous — but don’t let these nerves hold you back from doing what you really want to do. Hold that hand of your fears and do it anyway!
- Encourage yourself with kind words and remind yourself that you are going to be okay. Encouraging yourself boosts confidence, criticism breaks it down.
- Don’t expect to be perfect first time around! Give up the need to be perfect and remind yourself you are human instead.
- Always praise yourself when you take action towards building a confident mindset. Praise re-wires your neural pathways and speeds up the process of having a confidence mindset.
- Whenever you feel fear, practise a soothing, encouraging dialogue with yourself.
- Treat yourself like your own best friend. Think about it, do you treat yourself like your best friend or do you treat yourself like your own worst enemy?
- Have compassion with yourself. Give yourself a break. You are enough, you are good enough I promise!
Life Coaching in Sydney
Award Winning Life Coach Lisa Phillips is based in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. Lisa works all over the world with clients assisting them to have a confident mindset and increase confidence, self esteem and self belief. She is also the author of ‘ The Confidence Coach’ book.